Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr is a well-known actor who has played many roles throughout his career. However, there are 16 fun facts you might not know about this dashing gentleman.
Coronji Calhoun Sr. Biography
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. was born on October 6, 1954 in Augusta, Georgia. He is an actor and singer who has starred in several movies and TV shows.
- Calhoun is best known for his role as Carlton Banks on the television show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. He played the role from 1990 to 1996.
- In addition to his acting career, Calhoun is also a musician. He has released several albums and has performed throughout the United States and in Europe.
- Calhoun is married to actress Tish Howard and they have two children, Coronji Jr., who is also an actor, and Kiari Kendrell Calhoun, who is a singer.
Where is he from?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr., best known for his roles in “The Cosby Show” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, was born on October 10, 1962, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- What is his ethnicity?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr.’s ethnicity is black American. He is the son of a postal worker and a beautician.
- What are some other notable roles he has played?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr. is well-known for his roles in “The Cosby Show” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. He also starred in the movie “Soul Food”, which was released in 1996.
Did he work with Tupac?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr. is best known for his roles in movies such as “Boyz n the Hood” and “Soul Food”. However, few people know that he also worked with Tupac Shakur.
In 1995, Calhoun starred in the movie “All Eyez on Me”. In this movie, he played Pac’s bodyguard, Ray Ray. According to reports, Calhoun and Shakur had a working relationship while the rapper was still alive.
Calhoun also appeared in a number of other music videos with Shakur. These videos included “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted” and “Hit ‘Em Up”. It is unclear how close the two men were, but their collaborations suggest that they had a good working relationship.
Today, Calhoun continues to work in Hollywood. He has appeared in several TV shows and movies since 1995. He is also a member of the cast of the new show “Heartstrings”.
Who are the biggest films in which he’s acted?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr. has starred in a number of successful films over the years. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- “Bad Boys II” (2003)
- “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)
- “Soul Food” (2007)
- “Think Like a Man Too” (2014)
- “Straight Outta Compton” (2015)
- “Beacon Hill” (2018)
- More to come…
Did Karamu End?
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. is best known for his role as J.D. Payne on the television series “The Wire”. He also had a role in the movie “Crash”.
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. was born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1967.
- Coronji Calhoun Sr.’s father was a steelworker and his mother was a hair dresser.
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. started playing basketball at an early age and soon became one of the best players in his school district. He attended the University of Maryland but did not play in any games during his freshman year because of a knee injury he sustained playing basketball against Morgan State University.
- After missing his freshman year at Maryland, Coronji Calhoun Sr. transferred to Howard University and played in 28 games during his sophomore season, averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds per game. He was named to the All-American Second Team and was voted to the All-Conference First Team by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
- In 1988, Coronji Calhoun Sr. was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers with the 4
What was his relationship with the controversial Chris Rock?
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. was close friends with Chris Rock. The two men worked together on the hit show “In Living Color” and later starred in their own comedy specials.
- Calhoun Sr. also had a successful acting career, appearing in such films as “Driving Miss Daisy” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
- He died in 2017 at the age of 81 after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
What was his relationship with Brian Banks before being released by the NFL?
Actor Coronji Calhoun Sr. was released by the NFL after being falsely accused of rape. Before this, he had a close relationship with Brian Banks, who was also falsely accused of rape.
Banks and Calhoun both found themselves in very difficult situations. Both men were wrongly accused of a crime they did not commit, and both men had to fight for their freedom.
After being released by the NFL, Calhoun decided to speak out about the injustice that he and Banks faced. He is currently working on a documentary about his experiences, and he has spoken about his hope that others can learn from his story.
His love life
- Coronji Calhoun Sr. had a love life that was as colorful as his stage persona.
- He was married twice, first to actress Pearl Cleage from 1964 until their divorce in 1968, and then to singer Dee Dee Warwick from 1973 until their divorce in 1978.
- He had two children with Cleage: a son, Coronji Jr., and a daughter, Tishana.
- In 1980 he married Karen Joanne Elgart, with whom he has two daughters: Kalani and Akasha.